Activities of ASSITEJ Serbia
The establishing of the Competition for the ASSITEJ Award for the Original Play for Children and Young People in Serbian. The award is given
biannually and in cooperation with “Sterijino Pozorje” Festival and Little Theatre “Duško Radović” from Belgrade and under auspices of Ministry
of Culture, Republic of Serbia. The award consists of a monetary prize, the first staging of the play in professional production, and its
translation to English.
Regional Playwrights’ Forum
“Big Dramas for Little People”, within the programme “Pozorijanski susreti”, the moderator Milena Bogavac, the common project of ASSITEJ
Serbia and “Sterijino pozorje” Festival, Novi Sad. A part of promotion and affirmation of Serbian playwriting for children and young people.
Roundtable discussion “Theatre for Children and Young People Amid the Changes of Cultural and Educational System” – ASSITEJ (Serbia), within
the frame of FESTIĆ festival 2011. Participants: Ljubica Beljanski Ristić, Jasminka Petrović, Boško Đorđević, Vesna Petrović Urošević, Manuela
Graf. Moderated by: Diana Kržanić Tepavac
Regional Conference for young managers in culture and theatre producers, “Current Theatre Culture for Children and Young People and Projects for
a Better Perspective of the Young in the Region”, a three-day programme within the frame of 9th children’s festival “Pozorište Zvezdarište”,
Belgrade. Panelists: Anja Suša – The Existing Practice and Current Trends in Theatre for Children and Young People, Svetlana Jovičić – Theatre
for Children and Young People in Cultural Politics, Lola Joksimović – Common Cultural Space of all Europeans.
Workshop 1: “Market of Problems and Ideas as a Basis for Positive Changes in Theatre for Children and Young People”, the workshop coordinator
Diana Kržanić Tepavac.
Workshop 2: “How to make a Project Proposal”, Predrag Cvetičanin.
“Regional theatre Initiatives of the Young”, a two-day workshop for students
FIST (Festival of International Students Theatre), Faculty of Drama Arts Belgrade
“Processes and Products of Theatre for Social Changes”
Moderated by Milena Bogavac, 12th Bitef Polyphony, the side programme of 45th Bitef festival, participants in the panel discussion:
Milan Marković, Mila Manojlović, Diana Kržanić Tepavac, Milica Mićić, Jovana Vinčić, Nevena Boroja, Marijana Šerer, Miroslav Nikolić,
Jugoslav Hamsa, Milica Đorđević, Jelena Hadži Manić, Petar Kuzmanović
Participation at OCD Fair, “Energy Networking”, the promotion of programmes and aims of the association ad activities of the members of ASSITEJ
Serbia, organized by City of Belgrade – Agency for European Integrations.
Participation at “Fair of Association and Actio Children to Children” within the frame of Children’s Week, the presentation of programmes and
performances by the members of ASSITEJ Serbia, made with, for and about children and young people with hindered development and invalidity, and
their participation in regular and special artistic activities which promote and support the processes of inclusion, The Square of Republic,
Diana Kržanić Tepavac took part in roundtable discussion “Include me – Exclude me” within the frame of OFF FRAME – festival of socially engaging
character, focused on social inclusion in art. The participants were people with disabilities – artists, and professional artists from Serbia,
Macedonia, Slovenia, and Hungary
Diana Kržanić Tepavac, the president, and Sanja Krsmanović Tasić, an EC member, took part at the General Assembly at 17th Congress and Festival
of World ASSITEJ in Malmoe and Copenhagen, and the presentation of Serbian theatre experience in the field of theatre for children and young
people with disabilities:
Seminar – presentation of project “Theatre is Solidarity”, Anja Suša
Seminar and workshop Sanja Krsmanović Tasić on the day dedicated to theatre work with, for and about young people with disabilities and
or workshop with presentation of experience and work on the project “Frame of Body”
Diana Kržanić Tepavac took part at “19th Kotor Children’s Festival”, Montenegro: a roundtable discussion “Children and Young People with Special
Needs and Art”, and in symposium on topic “The Contemporary and The Traditional in Contemporary Theatre for Children and Young People”. At the
event of six decades of Town Theatre in Podgorica, Children Theatre of Kotor, Kotor Montenegro
Diana Kržanić Tepavac, the president of EC, took part I extended work meeting of ASSITEJ Executive Committee, and at festival of theatre for
children and young people in Makeevka, Ukraine
A support of nomination for International prize “Grozdana’s Giggle”, awarded by (Centre for Drama Education, Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina),
the international jury nominated Dr. Vesna Đukić, professor at Faculty of Drama Arts,
at the Department for Cultural Management
Anja Suša candidature for ASSITEJ Honorary President’s Award, given by ASSITEJ International every third year for artistic excellence at Congress
and at Festival
Anja Suša was nominated for “a progressive and provocative theatre for children and young people that fosters social engagement and sets high
The presenting of ASSITEJ Serbia award for the most significant artistic achievement within the frame of 9th TIBA festival, to the performance
“Tales from Sea Journey”, in the production of troupe NIE (New International Encounter) Oslo, Norway
- One-day programme
„Radio-play in the Culture for Young People – current issues and prosepects“
In the frame of celebration of March 20th, the World Day of Theatre for Children and Young People
ASSITEJ Serbia and Youth Theatre – Novi Sad
Live on-stage production of 4 radio-dramas by: Vanja Nikolić, Marija Ardeljan, Miloš Jakovljević, Jelena Anđelovski, all students of
Dramaturgy at The Academy of Art in Novi Sad.
Work presentation of drama group from “Veljko Ramadanović”, elementary school for the blind and visually impaired
A follow-up conversation
Discussion on the topic of relevancy of radio-drama nowadays and the possibilities of its development and use in applied theatre.
Participants: Dr. Sofija Košničar, Miroslav Jokić, Rastislav Durman, Pop Dušan Đurđev, Aleksandra Urošević. Moderator: Diana Kržanić Tepavac
- The International Playwrights’s Forum and the presentation of “British Reader”
Growing Dramaturgy Within the frame of 8th TIBA Festival
A two-day Playwrights’ forum. Topics: “Little People, Big Topics” and “The World is Cruel – the World is Beautiful”,
moderated by Milena Bogavac and Milan Marković. Participants: playwrights, dramaturges and translators – Andrea Valean,
Andreas Flourakis, Bogdan Georgesku, Brendan Murray, Charles Way,Lana Šarić, Maja Pelević, Marija Stojanović, Michal
Walczak, Milena Depolo, Miloš Jakovljević, Simona Hamer, Vanja Nikolić, Vesna Radovanović.
The promotion of the “British Reader”, Ivica Šimić, the ublisher, and Teresa Ariosto and Tony Graham, the editors
in cooperation with Epicentar, Zagreb, Croatia and British Council Serbia.
The printing of the bilingual brochure and the forum catalogue
“Socially Responsible Theatre for Children and Young People”
In the frame of 8th TIBA Festival
- A two-day seminar for representatives and teachers of elementary school. The participants: Ivana Avžner, Boško Đorđević,
Anja Suša, Igor Bojović, Chrissie Tiller, Ljubica Beljanski Ristić, Diana Kržanić Tepavac, Diana Milošević, Sanja Krsmanović
Tasić, Svetlana Jovčić, Stevan Bodroža, Marko Pejković, Ljubiša Jovanović, Mila Manojlović, Slavica Vučinić, Aleksandra Jakšić,
“The Specific Issues and Challenges in Theatre Directing for Children and Young People”
Within “Pozorište Zvezdarište” festival
- A one-day seminar for young professional artists and students of art academies. Moderator: Anja Suša
“New Light of Space – New Space of Light”
In the frame of “Pozorište Zvezdarište” Festival
- Creative use of stage lighting, a three-day workshop for young professional artists and students of art academies. Moderator: Nikola Zavišić
- International cooperation
- Diana Kržanić Tepavac, the president of EC, took part at the annual national festival of ASSITEJ Denmark in Esjberg, and in
international workshop about defining common points in theatre for children and young people, in the frame of the preparations
for general assembly in 2011
- Participation of Vesna Petrović Urošević, a representative of “Pozorište Zvezdarište” and Jovana Savić, a representative of TIBA
Festival at the regional gathering of representatives of theatre for children and young people, and the founding of regional network
of festivals, under the auspices of EPICENTAR.
- Kim Woo Ok, a renowned respresentative and a special adviser of ASSITEJ International, the founder and the longstanding president
of ASSITEJ Korea paid a visit to “Boško Buha” Theatre and Little Theatre “Duško Radović”
- Stevan Bodroža took part at “Open Doors” Festival in Wales, the UK, where contemporary theatre for children and young people of Serbia was presented
- Aleksandra Jelić, from ApsArt, took part at congress on applied theatre in Lingen, within biannual international festival for children and young people, where
the work of ApsArt with young people with special needs, inmates and addicts, was presented.
- Diana Kržanić Tepavac, the president of EC, took part at the conference “Theatre and School” in Munich, Germany, the results of a research of 7 models of
cooperation between schools and theatre in Germany
- A special award presentation for the 2010 ASSITEJ Serbia jubilee
- To Little Theatre “Duško Radović”, for its 60th anniversary to “Boško Buha” Theatre, for its 60th anniversary
- ASSITEJ Serbia award for the best artistic achievement
- In the selection of 8th TIBA Festival: to the performance “The Lord of the Flies”, in “Boško Buha” theatre production, directed by
Đurđa Tešić (awarded by international jury)
“Theatre Art in Cultural Policy for Children and Young People”
- A project organized on the occasion of 20th March, World Day of Theatre for Children and Young People. The conference was moderated
by Milena Dragičević Šešić
Participants: Svetlana Jovičić, Diana Kržanić Tepavac, Anja Suša, Sunčica Milosavljević, Ana Tomović, Aleksandra Jelić.
As a visiting lecturer, Professor Wolfgang Schneider, PhD, the president of ASSITEJ International made a presentation “Current Trends
in Cultural Politics for Young People”.
- Roundtable discussion
“Why Plays for Children and Young People are Necessary”, Youth Theatre Novi Sad.
- Participants: Milivoje Mlađenović, Anja Suša, Diana Kržanić Tepavac, Uglješa Šajtinac, Miloš Jakovljević
International Theatre Practice for Young Audience”
- Lecture by Professor Wolfgang Schneider at University of Arts, on the occasion of World Day of Theatre for Children and Young People.
“Culture for Children and Young People in Art and Pedagogy in Serbia and in Sweden”, held at Faculty of Teacher Education at University of Belgrade.
- The seminar was moderated by Diana Kržanić Tepavac, the president of EC ASSITEJ Serbia
- Workshops within the frame of POZORIŠTE ZVEZDARIŠTE festival
- “Light of Space and Space of Light”, led by Nikola Zavišić
- “Physical Theatre – Coaching Method”, led by Bojan Milosavljević
- Discussions with audience
- BITEF polyphony – post-performance discussions (ten discussions)
- International cooperation and exchange
- Marija Milenković took part at Cultural Olympics in Jeju, Korea
- Representatives of ASSITEJ took part at the annual national festival of ASSITEJ Denmark. “Theatre for Born & Unge”, in Ballerup
Denmark: Jelena Ilić, Nikola Zavišić, Diana Kržanić Tepavac.
- Participation at International Platform, within the frame of preparations for 17th Congress and festival “Building Bridges and
Crossing Borders” in 2011
- Participation at third regional gathering of representatives of theatre for children and young people, and the foundation of the
regional network EPICENTAR. The representative was Momčilo Kovačević, a playwright, and the selector of Pozorište Zvezdarište Festival.
- Miloš Jakovljević, a playwright, took part at regional Playwrights’ Forum and the presentation of POLISH READER, in Poznan, Poland
- Diana Kržanić Tepavac, the president of EC ASSITEJ Serbia and Sanja Krsmanović Tasić, member of EC ASSITEJ Serbia at three-day meeting
of IDEA Europe in Budapest, Hungary
- Awards Presentations
- For their Jubilees in 2007 to Ljubica Beljanski Ristić, Ljubivoje Ršumović, Theatre “Puž”
- For their Jubilees in 2008 to Puppet Theatre in Niš and Puppet Theatre Pinokio
- Artistic Achievement Award from TIBA festival selection:
- “African Fairytales”, by Dschungel Wien theatre from Austria
- “Rhapsody for Giants”, by Trickster Theatre from Switzerland
- International Award
GROZDANA’S GIGGLE, awarded by CDO BIH (international jury), to the members of ASSITEJ:
- Donka Špiček, and Slobodan Marković – International Children’s Festival in Subotica
- TIBA, „The Aspects of Contemporary Dramaturgy in Theatre for Children and Young People, based on the example of Danish Theatre
– Relationship Between the New and the Old in Theatre for Children and Young People“
- Roundtable discussions
- FESTIĆ „How Well Do We Know Each Other“, moderated by Aleksandra Jakšić
- theatre arts magazine, No 144/145, issue dedicated to theatre for children and young people
- Artistic Achievement Award
„Story of a Family“, performed by Compagnio Rodissio, Italy
- International Cooperation and Exchange
- Participation of our representatives in “Playwrights’ Forum” and in symposium “Theatre for Children and Young People in Times of
Transition”, held in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- The president of EC, Diana Kržanić Tepavac, took part with a topic “An Illustration of Importance of a national/international
ASSITEJ Centre in a Transitional Society”.
- Participation of our representatives in “The Second Regional Assembly of the Representatives of Theatre for Children and Young People”
and in the development of a regional EPICENTAR network
- International Award GROZDANA’S GIGGLE
- awarded by CDO BIH (international jury), to the members of ASSITEJ Serbia Anja Suša and Radoslav Lazić.